Child Empress WIP pics. ^___^
I didn't take very many this time around being as I was more concerned with creating then documenting, but I think I got a couple good ones. ^___^
Armature! I did not make her articulated this time around, which was actually more difficult than I had expected. craziness.
The pink beads on her legs are for texture and were later on painted and sealed in several layers.
She has no hands! D: D: D:
I decided that her pattern would be multiples of 5, so if you look carefully, she has 20 beads on each leg, 10 limbs, five eyes, five fingers, five fuzzy gillthings, etc... I'm sure I missed a few near the end, but all things considered I stuck to my self imposed rules. ~_^
Just finished sealing her crownspikes and am letting her dry before finishing the decorating part.
Beading the crownspikes! (I totally need to come up with a better name for them, but that's what stuck in my head when I was working on them.:P)
Side view post sealing.
Closeup of sculpting the head! This is right before the detailing.
The translucent clay looks white before it's cured, which can mess me up some times when I'm working with specific color schemes in mind. But hey! what am I without a little randomness and happy accidents to work with. This time around I was specifically going for the translucent look, so it all worked out! yay! ^_^
aaaaaand last but not least, a 3/4 shot of her head pre-detailing. ^_^
She was 4 months of work (amid other projects) and took about 115 hours.
and just for completion sake, here are links to the other two detailed WIP posts I've made:
How to make an Imp: Goddess Doll Tutorial
Anatomy of a Root Thing: Oh it's been so long since I've made one of these.